Welcome to A New Chapter
From an initial groundswell of 150 Scottish architects, an independent open association is expanding and galvanising support from architects across the country to work together for transparency, accountability and a new progressive future for the Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS).
The association includes many RIAS members and is open to non-members, architects and others interested in the future of the RIAS and the profession of architecture in Scotland.
In order for the organisation to address key issues surrounding transparency, accountability and inclusivity, A New Chapter seeks the RIAS to undertake the following:
- To carry out an independent, third-party review to investigate and resolve historical issues of concern over governance, accountability and transparency in order to recommend actions for future operations, conduct and governance of the Incorporation
- To allow members to review the RIAS Charter and any draft 5 Year Strategy in order for that strategy to be influenced by and reflect the membership's aspirations for a dynamic, relevant and inclusive body fit for the 21st Century
- Provide members with greater clarity of the various roles and responsibilities within the Incorporation and, critically, their associated methods of appointment
- To consider how public statements are made by the Incorporation on behalf of the membership
- To allow the membership to elect their President rather than as an appointment-by-Council
To separate the executive and financial responsibilities
Letters to RIAS
Read recent letters to RIAS here:
- No response received yet.
Follow on Social Media:
A New Chapter is growing and is free to join. Help shape, support and work towards a new progressive future for the RIAS. To join the list of supporters, click here. You can also join our mailing list below and keep up to date with New Chapter news:
If you are experiencing any problems using this sign up form, please click here to open in a new window.